C4 Forums | Control4

Lost Audio to All zones today

I was using my system like normal yesterday.

Today the following happened:

- When I turned on my zone(s) it was on mute and would not allow me to unmute

- I restarted the system which took car of the must on/off not working but now I have NO audio to any of my zones

I'm running a C4 Matrix, C4 8 channel amp and a Triad 8 channel amp.

I feel like it is the matrix that's the problem as when I turn on a zone I do NOT see that zone light come on on the C4 Amp.  No zones on either amp will work or light up.

On the Triad amp ALL 8 Zones are lit up blue.  Also the Triad is making a "fan running" sound when on.  I don't know if it always did this or what?

Did Matrix go out?  Is there a way to test it?  Or was there some auto update that is causing this?

I've rebooted everything...controller, amps, matrix.

Here are pics of what I'm seeing.

Any help would be great.

IMG_5795.jpg

Were you able to fix yours? Let me know what’s involved in that?

Were you able to fix yours? Let me know what’s involved in that?

Otherwise I’m going to have to replace it with the new triad matrix which is very expensive  

How handy are you? Comfortable taking it apart and testing the power supply? You might be able to get a local company to repair it if its just the power supply.

There are probably other replacement choices if you didn't want to spend the money on the triad.

So I have it apart and see the power supply  

I have a voltage tester but not exactly sure what the setting should be and what terminals to test  

I seem to be getting 119v going into the power supple and 8.9 coming out of the power supply into the board. Not getting a power light  

I looked up the model number of this power supply and it seems like I can replace it for like 50 bucks?

Does that data tell you anything?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.