C4 Forums | Control4

GUI not being called on when first firing up the components

The GUI works just fine if it was the last thing on the screen before powering everything down, but if I hit the 4 button from a powered down state the T.V. will come on but the input will not change to the GUI until after repeated pressing of the button and often I need to change that T.V. input manually to get there. Once in, though, I can change between functions and back and forth to the GUI easily.

Several things could cause this. The most likely is that the power on delay in the driver for the TV is too short. The power on delay is the amount of time the C4 system waits before sending additional commands to the TV after the power on command is sent. The purpose of the power on delay is to give the TV time to fully turn on before additional commands (such as an input change) are sent to the TV.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that changing the power on delay will need to be done by your dealer as Composer Pro is needed to modify drivers.

This assumes he has no outboard video distribution other than the input selector on the panel.

It sounds like he's using multiple inputs on the tv, perhaps one for the GUI another for security cameras, OTA HD, or something else. Good call though, as that would require looking at the matrix.

Archived