C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 integraton with living room av setup

krris

Hi forum members, 

I'm planning on upgrading my living room AV setup, I would like to introduce the Control4 Neo remote to control everything 
At the moment,  I run a 2 channel AV setup in my living room with the following components:

Sony X950G 4K TV
Apple TV4K 
Cambridge Audio CXA80 Stereo Amplifier 
Yamaha WXC-50 (this is to allow music streaming to the CXA80 via a guest smartphone or my smartphone via bluetooth or airplay) 

all the equipment is in the same cabinet. 
I did see that Control4 has the drivers for my X950G and WXC-50 so am planning to control this via IP and the apple tv 4k and CXA80 via IR. this is the questions i have:

would this work?
it seems to be like the ideal controller would be the EA-3. would you be able to confirm if this is the controller i would need?

Would you be able to have a look at the attached current and proposed diagram and let me know if this is how it's supposed to be connected up when Control4 is introduced? Is there any physical connections that I am missing that need to be made or any additional components required at all?
Do I need to use the audio in/out connections on the Control4 EA-3 Controller at all?
Is it true that you cannot use IP to control the Apple tv 4k anymore?

Proposed.jpg

Current.jpg

I am not familiar with the audio processor, but everything else should be just fine. 

Keypoints

Anything connected to the internet should be hardwired if possible

Make sure that everything works manually. If it all works manually the way you expected it will be a breeze bringing into control4.

Also checking that you are receiving the proper video and audio that you are expecting HDR, Dolby Atmos, Etc. If you are not now control4 will have no impact on this when it is installed.

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.