C4 Forums | Control4

Configurable Keypad LEDs

I have a configurable keypad in my hallway.
Buttons 2, 3 and 4 are each linked via connections to dimmers in three other locations.
LED behavior is set to 'Follow Connection'

The LEDs for buttons 3 and 4 light up the same colour as the top led on the dimmer they are connected to. - good!
The LED for button 2 does not. - bad! - why?

The dimmers have their top led coloured red when on a timer and blue otherwise.
For some reason button 2 is not following the colour change of its connected dimmer.

Any thoughts on what is going wrong here?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

I would start by checking out how you configured the load led it’s connected to 

The dimmer which this keypad button is attached to is an older LDZ102 model with 'buttons attached' and 'leds attached'.

The dimmer has it's top led on colour = red set via programming when a particular advanced light scene is invoked.
And top led on colour = blue set via programming when the same light scene becomes inactive.

If I set the dimmer top led on colour = red using programming prior to turning on the dimmer, the keypad seems to follow and shines red.
likewise with the colour being blue.

However, using my programming as is, the keypad led is always blue, even if the dimmer led is red.

8 hours ago, mstafford388 said:

check the LED toggle settings of the dimmer you're binding to.  That is what connecting a keypad button would follow, and this very well may be different than your top LED for that dimmer. 

Hi, there is no LED toggle setting, as this is the old LDZ102 dimmer, just the Top and Bottom colour options.

I find it weird that the programming works perfectly for two of the three buttons on this keypad. (the other two are also the LDZ dimmers)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.