C4 Forums | Control4

Video sense issue

gcjacob

Hi,

I'm having a issue with video sense and my cable box..

It worked perfect using video sense, but the cable operator has upgraded the version, and the box is taking longer to turn on, resulting in control 4 sendign another on command to the box, that actually turn it off.

Is there a way to change the time control4 uses on video sense?

Thanks

The firmware upgrade on the cablebox probably causes it to output a black raster screen which the C4 box thinks is a live video signal. You'll have to look at other options like Audio sensing or just have the unit programmed to always be on, since most of the boxes don't really turn "off" anyway.

The firmware upgrade on the cablebox probably causes it to output a black raster screen which the C4 box thinks is a live video signal. You'll have to look at other options like Audio sensing or just have the unit programmed to always be on, since most of the boxes don't really turn "off" anyway.

Good call, I didnt think about that.

We (me and my dealer) have the time to wiat before subsequent commands to be delayed, but apparentily it didnt solve the issue.

I'll ask him to let it on the always on (I've have never thought of the DVR's are aways on)

Thanks a lot.

We (me and my dealer) have the time to wiat before subsequent commands to be delayed, but apparentily it didnt solve the issue.

I'll ask him to let it on the always on (I've have never thought of the DVR's are aways on)

Thanks a lot.

That's true, they are just in a "sleep" mode so they can keep the tuners and timer going to be able to wake up and record your show. I think the AT&T uVerse box just runs a screen saver.

Archived