C4 Forums | Control4

Announcements - Russound Controller

Hey everyone,

I’ve been using the Echo Ring skill to know when someone has pressed the button on a Ring Elite doorbell I have installed at my front gate. The Ring skill works great...when it works. So I decided to try switch it to C4. What I’d like to happen in all rooms I have ceiling speakers in to play the announcement.

I created a new announcement with a wave file then added all rooms that have speakers to the announcement. However, when the announcement plays only one room turns on and plays the announcement. I have two Russound controllers that control the speakers in the rooms (was already in the house when I bought it). These two controllers are controlled through two RS232 connections between an IO Extender, and are linked as the Audio Input and Volume for the rooms with the specific selection. Outside of announcements these speakers work fine being managed by C4. 

Im on the latest version of OS3 which I have seen others say is unreliable in regard to announcements. Does this sound like one of those potential bugs or do you think I’ve possibly got something else going on? This would be the first time I’ve used announcements on my site system. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.