C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 on screen navigator won't show

stenkb

Hi - me dealer has my hc300 up and running - somewhat.......

but i can never get access to the on screen navigator no matter what i do - even if i directly hook up the video out from the hc300 to a video source - and then try all sorts of combinations pushing the control4 button on the middle of the remote.

Am i missing something - or is there a problem with the unit?

Thanks.

Randomly plugging a controller into TV ports and pushing the '4' button won't let Control4 know how to properly get the on-screen display onto the TV.

The control4 system has to have the proper bindings set (connections within ComposerPro) to tell the Control4 system:

1) Which device provides on-screen for that room

2) What Audio and Video outputs on the controller are routed where (to an av switch or directly connected, etc.)

3) What are the audio and video endpoints in the room.

4) What kind of Navigator application to run (HD or SD, depending on the controller and binding type).

There's no guarantee a controller will even put out a video signal without having the right bindings.

Until all of these bindings are setup properly, you will get no on-screen navigator. Again, that's why a dealer has to go through training prior to installing systems.

It's 'Everyday Easy' for homeowners, just a little less easy for our capable dealers / installers.

RyanE

Archived