C4 Forums | Control4

Philips hue light module release

tdougray

• 8 months later...

Interesting but if you have C4 switches installed you can do much better. I have my C4 switches set up as keypads normally, that simply control on and off commands to the hue bulbs. In addition to the normal single tap function, I have it set up so that a double top click sets max brightness and a triple bottom click cuts power to the load. 

Absolutely. I have it implemented with essential switches, some of which are 3-way with Aux keypads. I also have it set so that a double bottom tap turns off all the lights on the floor, and am planning to do a triple top tap turn on all the lights on the floor. Now if only I had a good hue driver that worked as smoothly as the hue app…

@ajmccausIs there a way to have single tap go to a preset % instead of automatically going to 100%?  I was talking to one of the team that manages our system, wondering if he could change it so that one of the dimmers can go to say 85% when you tap it once.  He didn't think it could be done.  They have scenes that set several to certain percentages, but it would be nice just have the individual dimmers capable of going to last % or at least a predefined one.  Can you describe how you've done your programing?  I would love to be able to say, yes it can be done and here's how you can do it. 😉

Dave

On 10/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, dppeak said:

@ajmccausIs there a way to have single tap go to a preset % instead of automatically going to 100%?  I was talking to one of the team that manages our system, wondering if he could change it so that one of the dimmers can go to say 85% when you tap it once.  He didn't think it could be done.  They have scenes that set several to certain percentages, but it would be nice just have the individual dimmers capable of going to last % or at least a predefined one.  Can you describe how you've done your programing?  I would love to be able to say, yes it can be done and here's how you can do it. 😉

Dave

Yes there are different ways to do this:

1. using advanced lighting scenes and binding or programming the button press to trigger the scene
  2. using the preset % in the light driver settings screen
  3. programming a ramp to % for the button click event
  4. using the UnilogiQ driver, create a scene in the hue app with a preset brightness and program that to trigger on the button press event

There's probably even more ways to skin that cat but there's 4. The best way I've found is to program the UnilogiQ driver on the button press event. That gives the smoothest result. Just be sure to add a command to update the levels of the C4 hue light driver right after that or the hue light won't show the proper level in C4. The ramp to % over x milliseconds works pretty well too. Good Hue performance seems to require custom programming for keypad events in my experience. If you just bind the switch to the light driver it doesn't work very well. Let me know if you want to go into more detail on your use case.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.