C4 Forums | Control4

Annex LG WebOS

You can find the application ID by launching the application on the TV and looking at the Application ID property in the driver. It will always display the foreground application ID.

You can also print out a list of all installed apps and their IDs by hitting the "Display Applications" action and looking at the Lua output window. I would recommend leaving Debug Mode set to Off.

13 minutes ago, Rexabyte said:

You can find the application ID by launching the application on the TV and looking at the Application ID property in the driver. It will always display the foreground application ID.

You can also print out a list of all installed apps and their IDs by hitting the "Display Applications" action and looking at the Lua output window. I would recommend leaving Debug Mode set to Off.

Thank you :)

Yeah it prints alot - is the field name in the Json it outputs for the Applications in "Display Application" - "application id"? Or what is the field name?

Ok so I got the following:

payload:{"type":"response","id":14,"payload":{"subscribed":true,"appId":"youtube.leanback.kids.v4","returnValue":true,"windowId":"","processId":""}}

I am assuming I use: 

"appId":"youtube.leanback.kids.v4"

If so when the app updates and say changed to v5 do I have to redo the driver?

On 1/20/2021 at 12:15 PM, cpereira said:

This is an awesome tool! Thanks for sharing!

OT, but, When you have a chance, do you mind updating it to support the UM_NV_SHIELD miniapp type for the new NVidia Shield driver?

When I have a minute I'll add support for it.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:57 AM, ILoveControl said:

Ok so I got the following:

I am assuming I use: 

If so when the app updates and say changed to v5 do I have to redo the driver?

If they update the application ID you would need to update the mini driver as well. It's been v4 since I created the WebOS driver a few years ago though. For both the base youtube mini driver as well as the kids one.

I've been thinking about changing the functionality to work against app names as a fall back as the TV Guide application ID actually changed in WebOS 4.X.

Thank you! 

And just want to say thanks so much for making this driver. Are these appids the same across WebOS tvs. Example on my 86" I have YouTube kids and on my kids LGs would be great to Crest one mini driver and use it for all TVs. 

That option of the backup name would be fantastic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.