C4 Forums | Control4

New system design

C4CPA

I am in the planning stages for a new house and new (beginner) C4 system. I plan to have the installer run many cabling for 5 audio zones. But I only plan to install C4 equipment in 2 of the zones to start with. One zone will have an HC300 and remote control HR 250 audio and video source. Zone two will be the family room that is open to the kitchen so I want to control 10 light switches and the audio and video in the room. I will also have a security system and the three of the new Black & Decker locks. Will an HC300 in the family room run all of this equipment or do I need an HC500?

I know I should ask my dealer and I will but I would like an opinion from someone that is not going to make any money depending on the answer you give me.

Only difference performance wise is that the 500 has a hard drive, which it can use for page file caching for a small boost. Either can control the zones with no problems, just remember that you're sharing the navigator so you cant use both on-screen GUI's at the same time.

OK can you say that again in english. If I have two HC300's than will will each have navigator? So can I use both remotes and TV's in two different rooms at the same time?

Yes, you will be able to use both remotes at the same time and display 2 different independent C4 OSDs at the same time.

Archived