C4 Forums | Control4

Help! Music zone that won't switch off

Hi

I have a brand new install and a problem which has me scratching my head for a solution.

In short - i cannot turn off a music zone (my kitchen) which is broadcasting digital radio. I have tried to turn off the room, turn down the volume, deactivate the zone - all to no avail.

I would really appreciate some help. Unfortunately, my dealer is away for a couple of weeks.

The audio zones are run via a 4 zone amplifier. The "Radio" function is connected to my cable TV so the sound is really just whatever satellite channel is selected at a particular time (the main TV is in the living room).

I have tried to reboot the amplifier and the HC300 but as soon as they boot up, the sound zone switches back on.

Other symptons include:

- can't select or add any other audio zones (actually - i can select them on the GUI but nothing happens);

- can't change the volume (again, the GUI thinks it is changing, but nothing happens)

- can't change the input in that zone.

It seems to me that the HC300 thinks that the zone is working - there is no outward indication that the audio is not working - the problem is that the audio seems to be "stuck on" and cannot be changed.

My thoughts were maybe a software or setup problem, considering that essentially the problem arose when the same output was to be sent to two separate locations (one as a TV source and one as a music/audio source).

Any ideas? Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Thanks for your responses.

No speakerpoints in my setup.

ILoveC4 - I am not quite sure how to access the project file. My home network is not yet set up. Is there an easy way that I can do this? I'll have a bit of a play tonight. Sorry if this a really basic question.

Is there any way to manually cause C4 to "switch off" or reset all zones? I rebooted (by switching off the HC300) as I thought this would do the trick but when the reboot completed it restored the signal to the zone (even through C4 didn't seem to recognise it was on)?

The audio sense would be done on the programming side, and would not be evindent looking at the physical inputs.

It sounds (to me) like a binding issue, but it could also be that you have some audio sense programming in place. If you have it programmed to behave when sensing audio, it could keeping that audio on based on the fact that is senses it...does that make sense?

It is too late for me to think clearly tonight...I'm going to bed.

I have been doing a bit of reading and thinking on this - do you think there is a possibility that, for some reason (either hardware, programming or for some other reason) the HC-300 can now no longer identify the C4 4 zone amp? If that were the case it would explain why the system seems incapable of controlling the amp.

HE is not yet set up so i am unable to upload the project file yet.

Hi - just thought I'd give you an update on this. I spoke to another dealer who diagnosed the problem over the phone and then confirmed the problem on a site visit. Essentially, for some reason (most probably a power outage that may have occured during a programming update), the IP address of the amp changed. Therefore C4 thought it was controlling the amp, but could not locate it.

It was a simple fix in the end.

THanks to IloveC4 and Codeman for your help.

Hi - just thought I'd give you an update on this. I spoke to another dealer who diagnosed the problem over the phone and then confirmed the problem on a site visit. Essentially, for some reason (most probably a power outage that may have occured during a programming update), the IP address of the amp changed. Therefore C4 thought it was controlling the amp, but could not locate it.

It was a simple fix in the end.

THanks to IloveC4 and Codeman for your help.

Did your dealer configure the AMP as DHCP or static IP address? I would recommend you verify exactly what was fixed so it does not happen again in the future.

Also, whether it's configured static or DHCP, you should have the amp identified by UUID, not by IP address.

This applies to *all* IP-connected Control4 devices.

That way, when the device comes back up, if it's address has changed, the UUID broadcast will get picked up, and Director will be able to reconnect to it.

RyanE

Archived