C4 Forums | Control4

netgeat 9150 install problem

Hi - I just installed my netgeat 9150 - and am having some c4 programming issues. Where in programming would I go to when i choose media player from the navigator - so that it will change my receiver to a selected input - in this case hdmi2. i can't seem to figure out where exactly i would program this.

what I am trying to do is connect the netgear 9150 through my receiver and then in to my a/v matrix - but i need my a/v receiver to switch to hdmi2 in this case for it to work properly.

thanks

yes - but after the bindings are set - any idea where i would go to program code to tell it to switch my receiver to the input i want....... ( i will most likely have to do this myself and just not sure where I would look - im guessing under media player then choose when it is playing to switch my receiver input - or maybe when the media player is on to switch the receiver input....... just trying to make sense which is the best way to tell it to switch.

But you shouldnt have to do any programming if the bindings are done correctly. You choose "media player" from the GUI, and control4 switches everything based on how the bindings are set. I'm confused on why you need *additional* programming to achieve this.

well i have a somewhat complex setup - (i'm sure you kow by now i have had a less than great dealer - i've had another dealer booked and they just never showed up.....) anyways - in order to make things work the way it is now - i had to put in some programming - for example - when video input changes to change my a/v matrix to certain setting and that setting is a default setting now.

So now I am forced to program again I believe - so that when the media player (netgear) is chosen to switch my receiver to a certain setting again.......confusing i know......

It's kinda like I started with a bad system and am kinda forced to continue "patching" with programming if any changes are made......

I know it shouldn't be this hard - but like I said this is what i have to work with now......

I think I'm almost ready to start from scratch again.....

Rather than dealing with another dealer that sounds somewhat suspect, if all of your physical connections are okay then I highly recommend you contact ^ to become your remote dealers, theyll program the crap out of your system :)

stenkb, you really need to get someone that knows what they are doing to get this straightened out.

You shouldn't have to do any of this...it should all be done automatically. You might be surprised what an experienced programmer (like thecodeman) can accomplish in an hour or two. It sounds like that is about the best investment you can make right now.

In addition to saving the processing overhead all this "programming" (read: HACKS) are taking up, you will save countless hours. That, and it will actually work properly!

ya you guys would probably laugh and cry if you saw all the programming that I had to do to make my stuff actually work.......grrrrr - gives me a headache just thinking about trying to explain everything to a new dealer about what has been done where......and for what reason.....

i will try to conjur up some programming magic tonite again and if that fails I will have no choice but to get additional help.

and yes I'm sure all the programming if this does this, and if that does that when this does this, and don't do this if this is doing that...... has to be slowing the system as it tries to accomplish all these things while turning on a tv ......

here's to one last try............. gulp

Archived