C4 Forums | Control4

Does carpet and carpet pad count as 3rd party hardware? :)

akg4y

Not sure if this really fits well in any forum section, so I put it here..

Does anyone here have a plush or frieze carpet with a rubber pad underneath? I am debating between a standard 8lb rebond pad, 8lb frothed foam/urethane pad, or a 100oz rubber pad but I have read varying things about whether or not a rubber pad is good or bad with a plush or frieze carpet. If anyone here has any direct experience please let me know what you think, thanks.

On another note, if anyone here needs carpet I have found a great contact in Dalton, GA. If you are looking to re-carpet it is definitely worth contacting the mills/outlets there once you have chosen a carpet you like, Id peg the savings at around 50% on materials. If you get multiple quotes and use them against each other they have plenty of leeway to lower their initial quotes as well. One carpet I ordered started at 22.39/sq yard and Ive gotten them down to 19.33 square yard for 5000 square feet of it.

but in all seriousness though, there is a concern as the pad gets softer and thicker it causes more movement in the carpet, and yes I am looking for carpet any idea what the smallest amount they'll deal in is? I could probably carpet my house with scraps lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived