C4 Forums | Control4

WD TV HD Media Player

bhadams

Anyone able to create an IP driver for the WD TV Live Plus? I want to be able to integrate it like the Netgear 8000/9100/9150 with C4 which will allow movie selection through C4 UI and then play through the WD TV Live Plus.

I came across a firmware hack which allows for web control of the device through an HTML remote as well as a ton of other stuff here: http://b-rad.cc/1295/wdlxtv-plus-for-wdtv-live-plus/ which is a donation based download (I paid $15).

Brad who developed the hack said he would be interested in possibly creating an IP driver so I gave him the C4 Netgear 8000 IP driver as an example. I tried to hack the C4 Netgear 8000 IP Driver with no success. :o

It has been a few weeks and I have not heard back from Brad yet - I am sure he is busy and I know he was about to start traveling. I am sure there would be a few of us who would be willing to drop a few bucks at the project.

Thanks for anyone who is able to help with LUA programming. You can contact Brad at b-rad.cc

I have been using the wd hd live for over a year now with c4 and it works flawlessly. I love the pandora functionality as well.

However, I am considering trying out the new NETGEAR neoTV 550. This device looks awesome! Its not been released yet, but adds the functionality of IP control, Blu-ray .iso menus, and coverart!!!!

All for about $200. Cant wait to get my hands on it and try it out!

Only drawback I see right now is that it doesnt have Pandora.

I have been using the wd hd live for over a year now with c4 and it works flawlessly.

Are you using it via IR driver or IP? Is it fully integrated into C4? Meaning can you select a movie from the C4 navigation then it auto play through your WD?

However, I am considering trying out the new NETGEAR neoTV 550.

From looking at the specs, it does not work out of the box with 3rd party content providers. :mad: I don't understand why Netgear does not integrate 3rd party like Pandora and more specifically Netflix. With so many media streamers in the market, don't know why anyone would choose one of their devices.

I have been using the wd hd live for over a year now with c4 and it works flawlessly.

Are you using it via IR driver or IP? Is it fully integrated into C4? Meaning can you select a movie from the C4 navigation then it auto play through your WD?

However' date=' I am considering trying out the new NETGEAR neoTV 550.[/quote']

From looking at the specs, it does not work out of the box with 3rd party content providers. :mad: I don't understand why Netgear does not integrate 3rd party like Pandora and more specifically Netflix. With so many media streamers in the market, don't know why anyone would choose one of their devices.

Don't jump to conclusions - this is a Netgear internal document that indicates Netflix support among others, specifically in the USA for that player: ftp://ftp.netgear.de/download/NTV550/NTV350_vs_550.pdf

Don't jump to conclusions - this is a Netgear internal document that indicates Netflix support among others, specifically in the USA for that player: ftp://ftp.netgear.de/download/NTV550/NTV350_vs_550.pdf

Interesting. I wonder why their product page does not indicate this. I hope they are not requiring PlayOn.

Does anyone know if C4 has any plans for an IP driver for this device?

I made my own IR driver for the wd hd tv....It is going to be really hard to beat because it does everything i want it to do flawlessly with the added advantage of streaming Pandora...

The reason I'm interested in the neoTV 550 is that it can be controlled via IP and may interface with c4 better....ie album art and a more seamless user interface. I'm also interested in BD menus which this device will do...

BTW, there is a beta software version for the wd hd tv live which will do BD menus via .iso files. I just havent taken the initiative to try it, and now with the news of the neoTV 550 coming out, I may just try this device....

On the community netgear forum, there is a suggestion that the EVA9150 is controlled the same way, so I am wondering if that c4 existing driver will work!

Archived