C4 Forums | Control4

Door Bell Chimes

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

There's plenty of digital doorbell chimes, but the tricky art is that if you want it integrated, it rarely works with them (well/easily).

If you have a C4 system, why not have it 'ring' your speakers instead using an announcement?

I feel with the ring of the speakers there is a delay , is there ?

5 minutes ago, jamesc4 said:

I feel with the ring of the speakers there is a delay , is there ?

That's going to depend a lot on the setup you have, but it is something to consider, yes.

Basic doorbell button to a sensor, and distributed amps that are relay controlled or IP controlled (vs sensing) it's under a second. 'Smart' doorbells can be slower - My Chime and DS2 are very quick, but Ring or Doorbird are a bit slower (has to go through the cloud).

If you're using sensing amps (ie auto turn on) then I don't recommend it.

44 minutes ago, jamesc4 said:

Hmm

I will have DS2

thinking to put smaller speakers in the hallways on each floor with a separate amp 

As long as those amps are controlled (be it relay, or controlled episode amps or similar), that shouldn't be an issue - I would expect 1 second worst case. I have a DS2 and a Chime with announcements going over Episode amp, and occasionally I see the delivery guy at the end of my path before I'm at the door...and that's a drop package, ring bell and walk away, about 30f to the end, and me hearing the doorbell, go past the gate at the top of the stairs (big dog) and get to the door scenario....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.