C4 Forums | Control4

No Detective Suite in Home Edition?

Hi,

I'm new to Control4 so expect a few dumb questions over the next couple of weeks 😉

I'm trying to find why a particular light is turning on when it shouldn't be (all my lighting scenes have it set to 0%). It's likely from one of our sensors but I can't see any programming that should be doing this...

I wanted to try using the Detective Suite to help troubleshoot but I don't see the menu option in my HE (v3.2.2) but it is mentioned in the HE User Guide. Images attached.

Any ideas?

Related question. I found the "Logging" functionality but there's a long list of Loggers. Which one/ones would show various events and actions that would affect lighting (image attached)?

Thanks!
Dave

Snip20210707_2.png

Snip20210707_3.png

Snip20210707_4.png

Most importantly… welcome to Control4 and the forums!  A great product and you should get a lot of help here.

Unfortunately Detective Suite is not part of HE and only available in Pro which is disappointing as it is exactly the tool you need to find the binding or programming which is causing the issue.

The best way to get to the bottom of this would be to have your dealer remote access your project and have a look.  Alternatively, there are some great remote dealers on this forum who could, I am sure, get this sorted very easily.

While HE does lack a few things, it is a great tool for customising your system.

Welcome again!

Thanks a lot for the reply, much appreciated!

That is a shame DS isn't included. Doesn't really make much sense for it not to be (from a usability/customer experience perspective) so wonder why that decision was made...

My dealer should be able to help. I'd just rather not have to bother him with trivial stuff like this so he can focus on some of the more fundamental programming and setup that's still ongoing...

Thanks!
Dave

It is a pity that DS is not available to us end users.  I dont actually recall the reason but I seem to recall that DS allows one to search connections / bindings as well as programming and as HE does not give access to Connections, this may be the reason DS is not available… but all one big guess!

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.