C4 Forums | Control4

Z2IO v ZCA-WCS10-R-ZP v ZCA WCS10A-2-ZP

Dueport

• Dueport changed the title to Z2IO v ZCA-WCS10-R-ZP v ZCA WCS10A-2-ZP

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

Z2IO does more than the older devices...it has 2x IR outputs, can do Contacts, Relays, acts as a zigbee extender, and has an internal temp sensor which can be used to display the temperature in whatever area it is located.

37 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

and the Z2IO is the only "current" device.  Others are no longer for sale new

Thanks guys - wondering if the Z2IO may be more than I need to replace this failed z-wave dry contact for a fireplace - only need that one dry contact for this application.  The Z2IO is a great device to have in the lineup though - I can see where you'd use it for many applications.....

Actually, if I'm reading spec sheets correctly, it appears that the ZCA-WCS10-R-ZP has relays (so controls a load - like closing a dry contact) while the ZCA-WCS10A-2-ZP only contains terminals for external contact sensors (so monitors a circuit and reports but doesn't control).  So, if that's correct (please confirm if you can) then I need the ZCA-WCS10-R-ZP (or the Z2IO) for my need to control a fireplace using a dry contact.

Alternatively, I've read people run 18/2 from fireplaces to their controller - that's a bit of a ways in this case but may explore...

10 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Correct - one is a relay only, one is a contact sensor only.  The Z2IO can do a combination of both.  Yes you can also run wire to your controller and use the built-in relay(s)

Great thank you for that confirmation Ari

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.