C4 Forums | Control4

2.0 App Store?

No one outside of C4 themselves, since the SDK and Beta aren't out yet.

Is this an App Store where only Control4 will post things they have developed? Or will it be like the iPhone App Store where people outside Control4 can develop apps and submit to Control4 for approval to post in the store?

Anyone want to guess on the scope? Will we see players like Netflix or Amazon create an App where you can download movies? Or just smaller things like someone creating a cool app to show your local weather?

Just seeing if anyone has any ideas of how big or small this is going to be?

The concept of it is exciting :)

No one outside of C4 themselves' date=' since the SDK and Beta aren't out yet.[/quote']

Is this an App Store where only Control4 will post things they have developed? Or will it be like the iPhone App Store where people outside Control4 can develop apps and submit to Control4 for approval to post in the store?

Anyone want to guess on the scope? Will we see players like Netflix or Amazon create an App where you can download movies? Or just smaller things like someone creating a cool app to show your local weather?

It is exciting, lots of opportunities. We will have to wait and see what it brings. As more people use Control4 and 2.0, the more drive for apps there will be and more developers coding.

No, the app store is going to be open to both dealers and third parties like Sony, etc. that want to develop or partner with Control4. Again, we dont know the extent the SDK will be available. I expect it to be similar to apple's processes, based on wild speculation of not trying to reinvent the wheel.

No one outside of C4 themselves' date=' since the SDK and Beta aren't out yet.[/quote']

It is exciting, lots of opportunities. We will have to wait and see what it brings. As more people use Control4 and 2.0, the more drive for apps there will be and more developers coding.

No, the app store is going to be open to both dealers and third parties like Sony, etc. that want to develop or partner with Control4. Again, we dont know the extent the SDK will be available. I expect it to be similar to apple's processes, based on wild speculation of not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Cool, thanks. I'm excited to see it released :)

• 2 weeks later...

Like many C4 customers, I am excited about ver 2.0 and the 3rd party solutions it will bring. I realize that there are not many withing the inner circle, but I would like to know what the hardware cutoff would be. I am running a HC-300 currently. Will it require a HC-1000?

Like many C4 customers, I am excited about ver 2.0 and the 3rd party solutions it will bring. I realize that there are not many withing the inner circle, but I would like to know what the hardware cutoff would be. I am running a HC-300 currently. Will it require a HC-1000?

Exact hardware requirement have not been released yet. OS 2.0 is not in external dealer beta yet.

Edit

I will add that the Hospitality version of C4 runs the flash based navigator as well as ZigBee Pro and it runs on current hardware. Currently there is no reason to believe that OS 2.0 would not run on current HC-200/300/500 hardware. We will have to wait and see.

Archived