C4 Forums | Control4

Page Up/Down Required to Load Album Art

I have a large amount of albums on my control4 system (1,300). When I go to view my media on my TV by 'album' the album art is not loaded. The albums will not appear unless I hit page up, page down for awhile (this is the work around I was told to do). It takes anywhere from 45 seconds to 5 minutes for the albums to load. Sometimes they never load and I go back to the Control4 menu and I have to come back to the music. It will then work after one or two trys of going to the main menu and back in (still with the page up and page down technique once I am back to the albums section). Once I have the albums up, if I navigate to view the music by artisit or playlist and come back, I have to go through the same routine of page up and page down. Essentially everytime I want to view by 'album' I have to go through this process.

This same thing is required on our wall touch screens. We have to move the wheel back and forth to get the albums to load.

Is that normal? I have been told a next version will solve this issue, is that correct?

System info: I have an HC500 and 2 HC300's. I am on version 1.7.3.290.

By the way; I like the system a lot. Just ironing out the kinks.

This is strange. I have never experienced a problem like this. I have a ton of music (~700 gigs) and between 600 and 700 movies. I have never had this issue, and I have an HC300 running my project currently.

I have seen a little lag now and again, but it has never been more than ~3 - 5 seconds.

I usually just press down a couple of tmes to get albumn art to come up in a few seconds. If I don't, it takes a lot longer. Also, after You select a song to play, press cancel to go back to albumn selection screen directly. I don't have any touch screens, so I don't know about those.

Thank you xc420, that is a great short cut to go back to the album. I use to always go to the back 'green arrow' and then come back in. I have the same experience except it takes 45 seconds. If it does not come up in 45 seconds it takes a lot longer.

Controlfouruserguy, my installer replaced the switches to 10/100/1000 and 10/100 already and that helped the speed significantly. What else would affect my network connection that I should look at?

How would I know if my controller is saturated? At first I had all of my music on the HC500 but now I have added a 1T USB drive so that I am not using all 160Gb of the HC500. I have about 120GB on the HC500 now and the rest on the USB.

Sorry I am not very technical so I may have mistated something above.

I have 300 DVD's in the system and the album art works great there. It is only with my music collection that I get this slowness.

Archived