C4 Forums | Control4

Impending death of Control4 7" in wall touchscreen?

pinkoos

Hi

I have an old style 7" in wall touchscreen that is at least 5 to 6 years old

The way I've been using it 90% of the time is to just have a certain camera feed on full screen 24/7, so that we can, at a glance, see the status of this particular view

It's been working fine like that up until maybe 4 to 6 weeks ago

What started happening is that the screen would reboot (I know it's rebooting b/c I've caught it in the act several times) several times a day, landing back on the 'home screen.'

I would then bring the view of the camera feed back onto the screen, and this would last again until the next automatic reboot

In addition to this, for the last week or two, I've noticed the screen completely freezing up and becoming non-responsive

Interestingly, the 4 little dots at the bottom of the screen (on the bezel) still function despite the remainder of the screen being frozen and non-responsive to touch

I would use my OvrC app to reboot the screen and then bring my camera feed back up on the screen until, at least, either the next reboot or freeze

Anyway, I'm guessing these are all signs and symptoms of impending death?

Or, could there be an issue with the switch to which this touch screen is wired back to?

Also, I'm wondering why the dots at the bottom remain functional despite the screen becoming unresponsive?

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.