C4 Forums | Control4

Yale Lock User Code Issue

DLite

I've had a recurrent problem with one of our Yale Locks (YRD 210). On the plus side, the Zigbee control is bulletproof. We are able to lock and unlock remotely without any issues.  The one frustrating problem is that, from time to time, it will refuse to accept valid user codes.  The symptoms are that a code will be partially entered (correctly) and the lock will play its sounds indicating an incorrect code.  The code will sometimes need to be re-entered once, twice, or occasionally three times, before it sticks.  This will occur for a few days or a week, and then the lock will resume perfectly normal operation.  The problem is not unique to a specific user or code, and it is intermittent.

I have tried pulling batteries and restarting the lock, but that has not helped. I am using the most recent driver. I tried reflashing the firmware.  And, I tried deleting and recreating users. I also tried changing the codes, under the theory that there was a bad button on the keypad.  Nothing has worked.

Has anyone seen this problem before?  What else might we try to do here to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

3 hours ago, Rob21 said:

The lock might need an update. It can be updated in composer by a dealer.

Thanks a lot.  I chatted with my dealer.  He says the lock driver is up-to-date (v224).  And, the latest available firmware (v33) seems to be the version that's running on the lock -- I can see that and also update the firmware from the action buttons in Composer HE.  Is there anything else to be done in order to update the lock?  

I believe in composer there can also be an update for the zigbee module. Even if there is and you missed that I doubt it’s your problem but it’s worth the shot. There is also a button in composer to sync the latest settings but I’m sure you’ve tried that already. I’m have a Yale lock with zigbee integration myself but I only have one code. Im going to add a second code and let you know if I have any issues.

4 hours ago, Rob21 said:

I believe in composer there can also be an update for the zigbee module. Even if there is and you missed that I doubt it’s your problem but it’s worth the shot. There is also a button in composer to sync the latest settings but I’m sure you’ve tried that already. I’m have a Yale lock with zigbee integration myself but I only have one code. Im going to add a second code and let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks a lot. I will give that a shot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.