C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer stays on. LED's dead

I had a similar issue with one of my switches and couldnt turn off my light. I basically turned it on and off about 50 times and it started working again, go figure. One difference though, my LEDs were still working and responsive. It sounds to me like your dimmer died.

Yeah, when my light was stuck on the switch still did everything except turn the light off. The press and hold worked, the multi taps worked, the LED's worked, everything worked fine with the exception of the light actually turning off.

So what did you do, did you have to replace it or did it fix itself? Was it controlling CFLs or regular incandescents?

Mine was controlling CFLs and like I said, just started working again on its own... but has me wondering about it.

So what did you do, did you have to replace it or did it fix itself? Was it controlling CFLs or regular incandescents?

Mine was controlling CFLs and like I said, just started working again on its own... but has me wondering about it.

Mine was a switch, not a dimmer and it was controlling to 8 foot long light bars in the garage. I went and bought a new switch but when I got home to install it miraculously it was working again. It has worked fine ever since. The light was stuck on for between 18 and 20 hours.

Strange. I keep a spare switch at the house now...here's to hoping I don't have to use it.

I bought a 120 year old house with switches that dated back to the mid-50s that worked fine. A little loud but contacts were still doing their thing. I have purchased hundreds of switches for many homes and never had a problem like this.

I bought a 120 year old house with switches that dated back to the mid-50s that worked fine. A little loud but contacts were still doing their thing. I have purchased hundreds of switches for many homes and never had a problem like this.

With all the success you've had it sounds like you were due for a dud =)

Archived