C4 Forums | Control4

Denon 4308CI Powers off when switching inputs

Long time lurker, first time poster... :)

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what is going on with this receiver.

I've got a HC 300 controlling a 4308Ci via serial driver. I have a TIVO and Blu Ray player connected via HDMI. The 4308 responds correctly when switching to or from the HC, TIVO, and Blu Ray. However, When I try to switch to the 4308's internal devices, like Internet radio, HD radio, Radio, or XM the receiver powers down and does nothing. I do see the correct input selected on the front of the denon display a split second before it turns off.

I did some programming the driver notes suggest with no change.

I've been fooling with the driver with composer for the last few hours with no avail. I may just sit down for a few days and write a new driver as the current one seems a bit lacking.

That or I'll just look into a matrix switcher and abandon the denons internal devices. Seems like the denon's switching between inputs has some sync problems anyway.

Anyone have any similar problems? Any solutions?

No secret, just a change to the AVR driver. Usually they do not default to discrete on/off under power management. Most of the issues like yours, are 99 times out of 100 because of the power management set to "assume device is always on". I just changed it to "use discrete on/off codes"

So I've been playing some more with this. It appears that now the denon only switches off when going from video devices to listen devices. If I switch the blu ray player on under the watch button I can switch back and forth fine from blu ray to Tivo.However whenever I switch to listen only devices,not including the HC 300, the denon powers off.

Thoughts?

I'm getting closer and closer to going with a new HDMI/Component Matrix.

Archived