C4 Forums | Control4

Roon 2.0

Topspin14m

43 minutes ago, DLite said:

I agree with that assessment. And I also agree that every Sonos/C4 user should be falling all over themselves to get Roon, if the driver actually worked reliably for this use case.  

I dunno -- maybe Roon has rationally concluded that the Sonos/C4 market is not big enough for a company of their size to profitably address. I won't pretend to know their business better than they do.  But, their approach to all this is for sure a total bummer.

Agreed.  It's frustrating because it doesn't seem like something that would be difficult to fix.  They do seem to be reorganizing in some sense -- I feel like they are pairing back on their own hardware (allowing drivers to run not off Nucleus) and trying to rely on the subscription model/sales of other third party products.  

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Here's Roon's follow-up thus far: Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response. I have assigned your case to a subject matter expert. He’s going to get a similar setup going and try to duplicate. Once done he’ll be in touch.

This has been resolved and actually it turns out that the functionality was never broken. They instead changed the library search function to include Tidal results. So if you search that, you’ll get the Tidal/qobuz results all in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.