C4 Forums | Control4

remote help or advice please

shawkyns

HI Guys

is there anybody out there who knows the unifi driver suite, and hopefully hue as well?  I have recently upgraded several lights in the house to hue bulbs.  upstairs, I have a single light, controlled by an older dimmer switch (v1 maybe), with the lights at the top and bottom of the switch. it also has a second control point which is a button on a newer keypad (to toggle the light off and on).  I also have six hue downlights now installed in my basement theater room, and two more in the hallways downstairs to that room.  the hall lights are controlled by an older model dimmer switch, and two aux keypads (two button, also the older style).. and the theater lights are controlled by a single older style dimmer switch.

the problem I am having in both locations is with the color lights on the switches and keypads. the house has a unified theme of  top light on the switch being blue when the light is on, and the bottom being red when the light is off. this is not happening with the switches controlling the hue bulbs.  

Originally, when we put the first one, the clock light, we tried disabling the LED checkbox (also disabled load attached checkbox so it behaves as a keypad).  the light is essentially blue all the time.. this is only on the switch that we are trying to program as a keypad.  the same thing is happening downstairs, with both lights we have in the theater, although the old keypads do work and switch from red to blue.

My dealer went in a programmed a lot to try and get this working, essentially trying to program the color of the light against the brightness of the hue, less than 1pc causing the bottom light to swith to red an the top to blue, but this is not working either.  it stays blue all the time, unless you reenable the keypad attached setting and switch the load off.  not really how I want to use it with the hue bulbs.

on another note, I have the unifi protect driver, which has been working great, but which now does not send video to the t3 touchpanels or to the ios devices in the system.  It also does not seem to be sending video from one of the two chime's that are in the system.. this was working well until two months ago, and not really sure where to go for troubleshooting on this. dealer tried re-enabling and relogging on using the driver, but although this allows the camera to be pulled up in the test through composer pro and shows connected, and can pull up video in cpro,it does not work at all with the TS or IOS.

any ideas on troubleshooting would be welcome, or if there is somebody that knows this stuff that can remote in and troubleshoot and get it fixed I would be happy to pay for the time,

steve

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.