C4 Forums | Control4

Yale YRD226-C42 yale-control4-3.c4z driver issue

I installed a new Yale lock - YRD226-C42-619  into a 250 controller project - 2.10.6.

I have the yale-control4-3.c4z driver as shown on the C4 website - Control4 Driver Search

It identifies to the project with no problem and is connected to the General Control 4 relaysingle_doorlock_c4.c4i 

The lock does provide feedback to composer showing its status as locked or unlocked

image.png.f350e3814baaddda741ebd495eb14ae7.pngimage.png.5da58d9ca2b03822a594acaef21159d7.png

However I cannot control the lock using composer or the Android Lock.

I have done a device reset and removed everything from the project and re-added but no change.

My old Yale locks works when I re-add it to my project (but it has issues with battery drain and hence my reason for changing it)

When doing debugging in Lua it does show results but not conclusive to issues.

I have a custom button programmed to lock or unlock with the Android App

ReceivedFromProxy(): LOCK on binding 5001; Call Function PRX_CMD.LOCK()

PRX_CMD.LOCK
LockDevice:PrxLock
LockCom_Lock
Task Queue Add: name[lock] id[16]
Task timed out.
Task Failed: name[lock] id[14]
Re-queueing task (0 retries left).
Task Queue Insert: name[lock] id[14]
Invoking task: name[lock] id[14] (3 in queue)
ZL.logPacketTransmission(): class[Outbound] frameType[ClusterSpecific] clusterId[0x0101][DoorLock] commandId[0x00][LockDoor] sequenceNumber[0x1f]
ZigBee Details: disableDefaultResponse[false] manufacturerSpecific[false] manufacturerCode[] direction[ToServer] profileId[0x0104] sourceEndpoint[1] destinationEndpoint[1] packet[01 1F 00] payload[]
Task timed out.
ZL.logPacketTransmission(): class[Outbound] frameType[ClusterSpecific] clusterId[0x0101][DoorLock] commandId[0x00][LockDoor] sequenceNumber[0x20]
Invoking task: name[lock] id[15] (2 in queue)
ZigBee Details: disableDefaultResponse[false] manufacturerSpecific[false] manufacturerCode[] direction[ToServer] profileId[0x0104] sourceEndpoint[1] destinationEndpoint[1] packet[01 20 00] payload[]

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may have overlooked?

Thanks everyone for your time reading this.

2 hours ago, C4Happy said:

I installed a new Yale lock into a 250 controller project - 2.10.6.

I have the yale-control4-3.c4z driver as shown on the C4 website - Control4 Driver Search

It identifies to the project with no problem and is connected to the General Control 4 relaysingle_doorlock_c4.c4i 

The lock does provide feedback to composer showing its status as locked or unlocked

image.png.f350e3814baaddda741ebd495eb14ae7.pngimage.png.5da58d9ca2b03822a594acaef21159d7.png

However I cannot control the lock using composer or the Android Lock.

I have done a device reset and removed everything from the project and re-added but no change.

My old Yale locks works when I re-add it to my project (but it has issues with battery drain and hence my reason for changing it)

When doing debugging in Lua it does show results but not conclusive to issues.

I have a custom button programed to lock or unlock with the Android App

ReceivedFromProxy(): LOCK on binding 5001; Call Function PRX_CMD.LOCK()

PRX_CMD.LOCK
LockDevice:PrxLock
LockCom_Lock
Task Queue Add: name[lock] id[16]
Task timed out.
Re-queueing task (0 retries left).
Task Queue Insert: name[lock] id[14]
Invoking task: name[lock] id[14] (3 in queue)
ZL.logPacketTransmission(): class[Outbound] frameType[ClusterSpecific] clusterId[0x0101][DoorLock] commandId[0x00][LockDoor] sequenceNumber[0x1f]
ZigBee Details: disableDefaultResponse[false] manufacturerSpecific[false] manufacturerCode[] direction[ToServer] profileId[0x0104] sourceEndpoint[1] destinationEndpoint[1] packet[01 1F 00] payload[]
Task timed out.
ZL.logPacketTransmission(): class[Outbound] frameType[ClusterSpecific] clusterId[0x0101][DoorLock] commandId[0x00][LockDoor] sequenceNumber[0x20]
Invoking task: name[lock] id[15] (2 in queue)
ZigBee Details: disableDefaultResponse[false] manufacturerSpecific[false] manufacturerCode[] direction[ToServer] profileId[0x0104] sourceEndpoint[1] destinationEndpoint[1] packet[01 20 00] payload[]

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may have overlooked?

Thanks everyone for your time reading this.

What model Yale lock is this?  I see that your "Module Firmware Version" and "Hardware Version" fields are not populating.  When that happened with my Yale Assure 2 locks I needed to use the Yale app to connect via bluetooth to the lock and update the firmware.  Then I used the module firmware update under the driver actions tab and, with both of those firmwares updated I didn't have any more issues.  I'm running 3.3.2 though so it may not be this but worth considering

4 hours ago, Dueport said:

What model Yale lock is this?  I see that your "Module Firmware Version" and "Hardware Version" fields are not populating.  When that happened with my Yale Assure 2 locks I needed to use the Yale app to connect via bluetooth to the lock and update the firmware.  Then I used the module firmware update under the driver actions tab and, with both of those firmwares updated I didn't have any more issues.  I'm running 3.3.2 though so it may not be this but worth considering

Thanks for your response.   Mine is just the Yale Assure so I cannot pair with Bluetooth.

I noticed that part also as my old Lock Yale Real Living does fill in all that info.

The only driver I can find online is what I installed.  I am leaning towards an issue with the Driver, but until I can find any evidence of a newer one I suspect that is all I can get.

Take care

1 hour ago, C4Happy said:

Thanks for your response.   Mine is just the Yale Assure so I cannot pair with Bluetooth.

I noticed that part also as my old Lock Yale Real Living does fill in all that info.

The only driver I can find online is what I installed.  I am leaning towards an issue with the Driver, but until I can find any evidence of a newer one I suspect that is all I can get.

Take care

No problem.  You may want to try checking the firmware version on the lock itself to confirm it is compatible with the driver.  I posted something about an issue I had with a lock that I think is older than the one you're having trouble with so this may not be the issue but worth checking.  Here's that post for reference:

unplug your controller for 5 minutes.  then plug it back in.  give it 15 minutes for everything to come back to life before you try it again.  Locks can be finicky.  I just had this issue with my my only yale lock. (although i just helped another with this issue only it was kwikset.)  it showed feedback but the system would not lock/unlock.  Do the full power off of the controller though, a simply reset often won't work.  Let us know if this works.

Jeff

20 hours ago, Dueport said:

No problem.  You may want to try checking the firmware version on the lock itself to confirm it is compatible with the driver.  I posted something about an issue I had with a lock that I think is older than the one you're having trouble with so this may not be the issue but worth checking.  Here's that post for reference:

Thanks for your response.  Actually my old lock the Yale Real living had this exact thing.  I had updated the firmware and broke it, so had to downgrade the firmware to 2.7   Worked great after that until this year.  It started going through a set of batteries in 1 month.   Close proximity and nothing had changed within my house.  Appears to be a zigbee module issue in the old one.   I will have to see about a possible other firmware version available.

Take care

10 hours ago, Jeffrobinson1327 said:

unplug your controller for 5 minutes.  then plug it back in.  give it 15 minutes for everything to come back to life before you try it again.  Locks can be finicky.  I just had this issue with my my only yale lock. (although i just helped another with this issue only it was kwikset.)  it showed feedback but the system would not lock/unlock.  Do the full power off of the controller though, a simply reset often won't work.  Let us know if this works.

Jeff

Thanks for your response.

I unplugged it for over 30 minutes.  Fired it back up but unfortunately it behaves the same.

It would really appear to be perhaps a faulty Zigbee module.   I haven't found any other driver other then the one I am using.   

I have contacted the dealer to see if they can find a service bulletin or similar on the C4 site, but they haven't returned my call with any news yet.

Take care

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.