C4 Forums | Control4

Shade Display Issue with Bond Driver

Had the Bond driver installed to control a couple of outdoor shades by my dealer.  He is great but not as familiar with this driver.

Shades were identified as Positional Shades by the Bond Bridge Driver and all seemed ok but the shades page show up with a question mark in the iOs app and the same on the Touch Screens (not sure if pict will show correctly in the posting).

Any insight as what is wrong and how to fix?

Thanks.

Shades Rev.jpg

On 2/28/2023 at 12:46 AM, Rori said:

Had the Bond driver installed to control a couple of outdoor shades by my dealer.  He is great but not as familiar with this driver.

Shades were identified as Positional Shades by the Bond Bridge Driver and all seemed ok but the shades page show up with a question mark in the iOs app and the same on the Touch Screens (not sure if pict will show correctly in the posting).

Any insight as what is wrong and how to fix?

Thanks.

Shades Rev.jpg

This is a normal behavior as there is no true feedback on the status of the shade, it’s all assumptions and it’s not based on a timed action in the Bond app. It would provide a close to true status if it was “timed” from fully opened to fully closed and it just measures the time and return a state to the UI, but it’s not!

A quick work around for the bond driver is to use the Open/Stop/Close not the slider; assuming your shade support this, mine are Somfy and works; in this case it will not always give you the “?” Just don’t hit stop quickly and it will update the UI just fine.

Another solution is to use cinegtation driver which is based on timing the fully open or fully closed time of each shade and provides an accurate simulated feedback and the UI updates quickly even if u hit stop quickly!

You shouldn’t use anything outside C4 otherwise the driver wouldn’t know and the time will be missed up!

Thanks very much, this is very helpful.

A bid sad about the lack of feedback! Now I understand.

I will look into the suggested work around to see if an option. Mine have Somfy motors so hopefully I can do that.

Grateful for your help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.