C4 Forums | Control4

Has anything changed with Roku recently? All my devices and TCL TV's are super unresponsive and unreliable for the past couple months.

I have about 5 TCL TV's with Roku built in, and then 2 Roku Ultra.  Out of the blue a month or two ago, what started happening is I'll press an action like "YouTube" or "Netflix" which starts the mini app on the Roku, but after launching the app, the remote does not control the TV/Roku anymore.  I instead have to go to Watch > and then pick Roku TV, and THEN it works.  If I pick a mini app it never controls it directly anymore (or it does, but maybe 50% of the time).  Volume works and controls the Sonos audio without issues, and I can usually power off the room and turn it off, it just does not control anything if you launch a mini app from the remote.

We have deleted the drivers, reinstalled them and readded the TVs and same thing.  Some TVs are worse than others, but they all seem to suffer with this issue.  I'm finding that I'm almost always just using the Roku remote now.

My second question, is there any recommended streaming device to connect to the TV that works with C4 instead but where I can still have it turn the TV on or off from the remote?  I factory reset one of the TCL TV's but it's annoying me as it says I must log into my Roku account to activate it and use it, and I'm kind of over that and don't want to anymore.  It won't let me use Internet without activating it, so just wondering if an Apple TV or something else can be used instead and turn the TCL on or off without needing an IR blaster or the TCL TV to be added to the network.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.