C4 Forums | Control4

two audio processors for a single Room Show Room

Mr.barillas

Hi hope all you guys are doing great. this may be a weird question.

i a m building a show room. in that theater room  i will have two processors.

1 x Antem AVM70

https://anthemav.com/products-archived/type=av-processor/model=avm-70/page=overview

1 x Storm ISP Elite MK3

https://www.stormaudio.com/produit/isp-elite-mk3/

total the speakers in that room will be a 7.2.2 Atmos System.

what i want to do is have both of them connected and switch to either processor when needed without having to disconnect any wires. i am using those processors just for the audio.

the video is going into a separate way.  we are using Control4 in that room for control.

is there any device out there we can use for that purpose?  like an xlr audio switcher.

This really has two parts to it:

First is, you're connecting two processors to the same set op speakers. Yes there are XLR speaker switches out there, though not all use XLR connectors Douk Audio has a 2 channel one that has IR control at least, but for your setup you'd need a lot of them. It'll add up to an easy $1200 that way. There may be more out there mind you.

Second, control over which amplifier is doing volume etc. For a demo room, I'd simply create a standard two room setup for this. I'd even suggest having two remotes, each set to either room. Then you could program a shortcut button to switch the balanced speaker switches.

If you're setting up a demo room like this I assume I won't have to warn you against using line level (microphone) xlr cables in this setup......

You might want to see if Sonifex has a solution. I do something similar to what you describe, but in a mastering environment. I use the rb-pmx4 as a "fixed mixer" to feed 9 inputs to 3 outputs (all balanced xlr, and a mix between consumer and pro gear gain on the ins). It's a set and forget device, sonically transparent. 

Im not sure if they offer something larger to handle 11 outs (or you could use 3 of them for 30 in and 12 out) but it may be worth talking with them. They have lots of good "problem solving" gear and the quality is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.