C4 Forums | Control4

ESI Hunter Douglas RQ Bridge

My company recently took over a job that has Hunter Douglas Shades with a ESI RQ Bridge and RQ 6AUM controller. This is very old, however I am trying to get this back online so the they will work well the property is being show for sale. I purchased an updated drive from: Driver Central. It's and RS232 control. Looking to see if there is any one that has any insight into this setup ?Currently the Driver is Active. But can't discover any of the shades. The Original Company did an  to the Update controller it now EA3 which I Suspect  is the reason these shades don't work... 

image0.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Unless you purposefully shut off the power that's the first thing I'd look at. There should be lit LEDs on all those boards from memory, including the RQ Bridge. Second though would be a dead RQ bridge: that might be tough to get your hands on though.

I would check the 232 connection. Possible the old dealer never had it working after the upgrade to EA3. I have had a couple RQ bridges die at a job, had to tie two blind together onto one bridge.  If you do an all up/down command from c4 can you hear the relays click?

Ryan

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.