C4 Forums | Control4

TV speaker volume control/endpoints etc.

Customer has video sources running through Yamaha AVR to a Samsung TV.  Video endpoint is TV, audio endpoint is the AVR. 

They want to be able to control the TV speaker volume as well, as they sometimes prefer to use the TV speakers late at night.  

I assumed that if I give them the TV as an additional watch source (Samsung IP driver) and set the TV as Video volume 2, then the volume control would work for the TV speakers when that source was selected.  Switch back to the correct video source (Apple TV etc) to control the navigation of that source etc.  But it’s not working for TV speaker vol control

Driver control of TV volume is working through Composer.

I’m not in front of my laptop right now, so I hope I’ve explained enough for someone to chime in.  I think I’m just having a brain fart.  Any thoughts on a more elegant programmatic solution ?

20 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

Customer has video sources running through Yamaha AVR to a Samsung TV.  Video endpoint is TV, audio endpoint is the AVR. 

They want to be able to control the TV speaker volume as well, as they sometimes prefer to use the TV speakers late at night.  

I assumed that if I give them the TV as an additional watch source (Samsung IP driver) and set the TV as Video volume 2, then the volume control would work for the TV speakers when that source was selected.  Switch back to the correct video source (Apple TV etc) to control the navigation of that source etc.  But it’s not working for TV speaker vol control

Driver control of TV volume is working through Composer.

I’m not in front of my laptop right now, so I hope I’ve explained enough for someone to chime in.  I think I’m just having a brain fart.  Any thoughts on a more elegant programmatic solution ?

You need to create another room call it “Night” for example where u bind TV as Audio and Video Audio endpoint, leave main Room as-is, this is the only way, the 2 sources scenario u listed will not work to control from any UI/Remote!

1 hour ago, OceanDad said:

That’s what I thought.  And exactly what I wanted to avoid 

U can still creat custom buttons to handle the TV Vol @ night but it won’t be as flexible as using the vol button of the remote, this is the only way if u want to avoid creating a separate room

In my case as I don’t like separate rooms; my TV is the prime Audio and Audio Video endpoint, I have a soundbar that is totally controlled from custom buttons sub menu where I can do whatever if I need to fire the Soundbar!

IMG_5293.png

IMG_5294.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.