C4 Forums | Control4

Bryant Evolution/Carrier Infinity Zone System Integration

ILoveC4

...I do, however, remain confused by the fact that SYSTXBBSAM01 *appears* to be a regular Infinity/Evolution thermostat... I would have expected a SAM to be some boring little box that gets connected down by the heat pumps / air handlers where the rest of the brains of the system presumably are! Hmmmm...

It is very confusing. I have spent countless hour making phone calls and doing research trying to decipher all this. The SAM is a small white box, and 5 inches x 5 inches, and about 1 inch deep. It connects to the Zone board that is mounted typically by the furnace, and it connects with standard wiring. It also has a small antenna on it, although I am not sure what it is for.

I hope to be getting one of these soon, but there are a few variables here that are out of my control...I'll report back once I get it integrated.

My HVAC installer got back to me this morning and sent along installation instructions for the SAM... which I have since found online:

http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/INSTL/L0812314.pdf

The product # on the SAM is "SYSTXCCRCT01".

What I have learned from the instructions, however, definitely falls under the heading of Good To Know:

-- It does connect to the zone board by three wires, it has a 24V power brick, it has an Ethernet port, and an RS-232 port.

-- It has a built-in web server so that you can monitor and adjust settings via a web browser on your network.

-- It can be monitored remotely with a service very much like 4Sight.

-- It does have an RS-232 port for connection to home automation systems.

(I haven't seen the WiFi version instructions, but I would ASSUME it does all the same stuff?)

Found this online: http://www.nationwidehvac.com/uploads/RemoteAccess_thermostat.pdf

M.

• 5 months later...

ILoveC4, MarkD, any other Infinity-SAM users.

Anyone actually integrate your HVAC and C4 systems using the SAM? Any dealers out there do it? Any feedback?

I also have a ERV unit on my HVAC system and would like to know if it controllable with the C4 driver.

My dealer has not done one, so would like a dealer experienced with this setup to work with my dealer.

Thanks!

tebery

• 1 year later...

Did anything more come of this? I'm close to buying a standalone 2-stage AC system with a Bryant Evolution Thermostat. There's no reason not to buy the thermostat because I don't get a manufacturer rebate ($1000) on the AC system unless I get the thermostat.

If I want C4 control of this system, it sounds like I have 2 options:

- Use my C4 thermostat (with 2-stage stuff on it)

- Use the Evolution thermostat and purchase the SAM unit in addition

Is this right?

• 9 months later...
ILoveC4, MarkD, any other Infinity-SAM users.

Anyone actually integrate your HVAC and C4 systems using the SAM? Any dealers out there do it? Any feedback?

I also have a ERV unit on my HVAC system and would like to know if it controllable with the C4 driver.

My dealer has not done one, so would like a dealer experienced with this setup to work with my dealer.

Thanks!

tebery

I tied one Infinity SAM into C4. Seemed to work okay. You only get basic control abilities from the control 4 interface.

ILoveC4' date=' MarkD, any other Infinity-SAM users.

Thanks!

tebery[/quote']

I tied one Infinity SAM into C4. Seemed to work okay. You only get basic control abilities from the control 4 interface.

Do you know what the SAM unit cost?

ILoveC4' date=' MarkD, any other Infinity-SAM users.

Thanks!

tebery[/quote']

Do you know what the SAM unit cost?

600-700 CND dollars.

Archived