C4 Forums | Control4

Brinks Security reading "bus failure AM2" after upgrading from Control 4 2 control to new Control 4 3 control

mthaynes

Hello all,

First post so please be gentle:)

Just upgraded to a Control 4 series 3 system from an old Control 4 series 2 system.  

My old 2 system had the ability to act as a keypad for the Brinks security system in my home. There was a keypad screen on my control 4 phone app as well as on my wall touch screens.  We me the homeowner and the Control 4 installer can not seem to get this functionality working on the new 3 system.  The result is the Brinks system is showing a "bus failure AM2" since I believe it can't find the control 4 keypad 

My Brinks security system has 4 wires coming off the alarm main board (2 are power the other 2 I am assuming are control wires)  feeding a 6x8" almond colored box (sorry dont know much about it - does not have a label on the out side of the case) the almond box has 2 cat 5 connections and one RS232.  the RS232 has a minijack cable outbound cable that is plugged into the first IR port on the Control 4.

Has anyone run into this?  Is there a driver that needs to be loaded to the Control 4?  If yes any tips on configuring would be greatly appreciated.  Located in Sarasota Florida.  

Concord 4 panel obviously.

Yes, the panel not having an active connection on it's superbus 2000 (the 6x8 almond colour box you mention) will cause that error.

Now, the tricky part is that there's a good change your previous setup (using OS2) had an older style driver, and that got nixed (as it's not supported in OS2). There IS a new driver (called superbus2000) available BUT there is a minimum software version for guaranteed compatibility. That said, I'd just have your dealer add the driver and connect it: the worst that can happen is that the system can't control all functions, but at least your error will disappear.

Thank you for the information.  He did load a driver (I dont know if it is superbus2000 - control 4 tech support recommended the driver )  there is a screen on the touch screens now but it just says "offline". What items do I need to upgrade to reach  "minimum software version for guaranteed compatibility"?  The alarm panel still shows the "bus failure AM2" after restarting the security system 

1 minute ago, mthaynes said:

Thank you for the information.  He did load a driver (I dont know if it is superbus2000 - control 4 tech support recommended the driver )  there is a screen on the touch screens now but it just says "offline". What items do I need to upgrade to reach  "minimum software version for guaranteed compatibility"?  The alarm panel still shows the "bus failure AM2" after restarting the security system 

Sounds like the driver isn't connected int he system, or not to the correct port. If it is, it's most likely an issue with the cable.

There's nothing you can 'do' to upgrade the Concord4 security software version, it is what it is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.