C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 Shows the HDMI Matrix and not the HDMI Source

One of the projects I manage is a relatively small neighborhood clubhouse with an EA-1 controller and SR250 remote.   I have two video sources (Comcast cable box and Apple TV) that feed into an Atlona Juno 451 HDMI switch before being sent to the TV via an AVPro HDMI balun.   The audio is sent from the Atlona switch to a Russound multizone audio controller via toslink.  In composer I have both the Comcast box and Apple TV set as HDMI inputs to the Atlona, and the Atlona as outputting HDMI to the TV and optical audio the Russound (the TV is listed as the video end point; the Russound is listed as the audio end point).    When I first turn on the system and select either either Comcast or Apple TV under "Watch", the SR250 shows the the Atlona switcher on the remote display (and I am not able to control either video source or the audio volume).   However, if I then switch the video source, the SR250 registers correctly and shows either Comcast or Apple TV and everything works as normal.   Thoughts on what is causing the system to show the Atlona as the source on first start-up only?   It does not matter whether I start with Comcast and then switch to Apple TV, or if I start with Apple TV and switch to Comcast.   The result is the same - it always shows the Atlona as the source on first start-up.   

On 5/23/2023 at 2:29 PM, lippavisual said:

Throw in an AV Path Setter driver.

Connect the Atlona hdmi output to the PS HDMI input.  Then PS hdmi out to the TV and toslink out to the Russound.

Its a goofy pathing issue. 

I tried the Path Setter driver, and it now just shows the Path Setter as the active device instead of the Atlona switch.   And this happens on both the remote and the iPad interface.   Once I choose the same activity a second time, however, it shows the correct active device.   Any other thoughts to try?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.