C4 Forums | Control4

GLEDOPTO Control4 zigbee integration

Matrix

I was hoping to integrate GLEDOPTO to my project for a new LED lighting solution. Now having learnt zigbee has a limited stack has anyone found a workaround and does zigbee detect HA only? I really don’t fancy having multiple components to make this work. 

Control4 uses their own zigbee (for various reasons. From my understanding their version is much better suited for typical control4 deployments). There likely won't be a straightforward workaround to integrate without a gateway.

I'd use another lighting product. Products like wiz or Shelly are wifi based and might be suitable alternative

I’ve got one on order for testing. Just to be sure, I upgraded the controller to 3.3.3. I got a Shelly module which appeared to the simple route forward but unfortunately isn’t compatible with RGBCCT. Thinking to also testing the Gledoto 5 in 1 WiFi version tuya based. Struggling to find a good driver though. With the Gledopto you can use any branded led strips. Wondering if I could use the native colour wheel in C4. Also, I have a Lutron RA2 in my project so if anyone had a led solution for this would love to hear. My project consists of 120m of led multiple zones. 

On 8/4/2023 at 3:33 AM, Matrix said:

My project consists of 120m of led multiple zones. 

LED rgb control is generally either 'direct' control -with or without a hub- (Hue, Govee, nanoleaf and more) or DMX (advanced DMX, Aion, Creative, Mirus and more) based in C4.

If you REALLY need 'wireless' dmx controllers, look at Axion lighting. Their driver is a FREE 3rd party driver on drivercentral. Wont be cheap if you need multiple locations....

Of course wired options are a better bet at all times.

There ARE several alternate options available, though I can't comment on either the drivers or the hardware itself on those.

Alternatively, there is a generic IR lighting driver that you can use to control any IR based RGB(+) led controller as well.

Honestly, just look at your option here, it covers 95% of them.

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/lighting/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.