C4 Forums | Control4

C4-DIN-BEG vs. C4-DIN-BEG-V2

brekfastb

I have a client where we took over the entire existing and who's having issues with his gen 1 panelized lighting. Devices don't easily come back online after power loss, have to manually press the reset button on the DIN-RAIL network switches and modules, he also has 3x BEG and sometimes you have to physically disconnect the low voltage power to it and reconnect.

Interesting that even fully turning off the breakers to the panels results in devices still needing to be manually reset.

Wondering if anyone has had similar issues and if anyone is able to tell me why using a V2 ethernet gateway may be an improvement over the existing V1.

He does have a generator for the entire house so I'm thinking on power loss perhaps that slight delay between losing service and the generator kicking in could be an issue. Again though, killing the breakers, waiting a few and turning back on should be all that's required for a reset.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.