C4 Forums | Control4

EA5 screen saver not working

I just added EA5 for my theater room but cannot seem to get the screen saver to work properly.  I've tested it with currently playing media, date/time, custom, and cannot get it to do anything except a black screen once it triggers (I've been testing it with 15 second timer).  Once the timer hits the timeout, screen goes black with no media info, date/time, etc.  Not sure what I'm missing here....

20231025_170322.jpg

20231025_170342.jpg

20231025_170400.jpg

19 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Have composer HE? Make sure dealer has the agent installed and use it to push screensaver setting.

I'll look in Composer but I think I've set a screen saver on my other EA5 in the past.  Normally I don't use the onscreen navigator anywhere else in the house but will probably use it in my theater

On 10/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, Cyknight said:

Have composer HE? Make sure dealer has the agent installed and use it to push screensaver setting.

Finally got around to checking Composer.  I see the screen saver section but this didn't help as I was hoping my screen saver would be showing the current media artwork of the track playing in selected room but this doesn't appear to be the case.

16988122752478464420909510422191.jpg

7 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Not the screensaver agent (which is photo screensaver settings) but the UI Configuration Agent

Now I'm lost as I don't know what I should be looking at if I already set it up on screen of EA5 as in my first set of pictures and in Composer the only thing I see for screen saver is in AGENTs

At the bottom of your screenshot it sure looks like you have the UI Configuration agent there...just select it, the second tab in the main window allows you to set the screensaver for any (or all) screen(s) from composer: it pushes it to the device: I'm thinking that may work even if the GUI interface isn't 'catching'.

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

At the bottom of your screenshot it sure looks like you have the UI Configuration agent there...just select it, the second tab in the main window allows you to set the screensaver for any (or all) screen(s) from composer: it pushes it to the device: I'm thinking that may work even if the GUI interface isn't 'catching'.

Found it!  Funny I was doing some programming and saw it under agent s and just saw your reply as well.  Will try the setting I've screen shot 

20231101_212408.jpg

I think my question relates to this topic. I want to set my screensaver as “custom“, “media“ and then select photos. My “listen” button includes an icon for “my music” and I have properly pointed C4 to the song file on a NAS device. I want to point the “screen saver“ to the photo file on that same NAS device. 

how do I link up my NAS photo file as the source for my screen saver without goofing up the My Music link?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.