C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV Homepod Audio Control

Mike_S101

I assume you have Apple TV configured to use HomePod for audio and the native Apple TV physical remote Vol Up/Down buttons control HomePod volume?  If so, you can configure the Apple TV C4 driver to pass the Apple TV clicks.  For example, you can map unused Halo/Neeo buttons to send Vol Up/Down to the Apple TV.  Seems like this should work.  Maybe there's a way to use programming to get the Halo Vol Up/Down to "override" their function to get to same place (with conditionals to make sure it only does this when Apple TV is source).  If current source/mode means that remote buttons do nothing, than (in that mode) programming off those clicks seems like the way to go.   More broadly, maybe you program off of the Vol Up/Down *room* events to make solution universal to iPhone app, Halo, Etc.  

The point is, I think the command needs to be sent via AppleTV driver (whatever kicks it off).  You can either do a "button mapping" in the driver or send the driver command in programming.   I've not tried this, but seems worth exploring...

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the response, much appreicated 

I have searched the driver all over and dont seem to be able to find where to "pass the clicks" through, even under the custom mapping i dont see volume up and down to program against

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.