C4 Forums | Control4

C4 TStat V2 Not Always Responsive to Programming

I have 2 V2 Tstats and notice the same issues - I have a program/routine called "All Day" that should start up at 5:30am and its hit or miss, but at least 1x a week it just stays on a previous schedule.  Today I noticed this behavior and what was interesting, I have 3 schedules on this TStat, All Day (5:30am), Evening (6:30pm) and Sleep (10:30pm).  Yesterday it must have went to All Day to Evening, but never went to Sleep and today around 11am I realized it was still on Evening....so it missed 2 schedules.

I have rebooted them, and they are hardwired with power so don't think its a battery issue.  I have 2 Gen 1 TStats that are over 10 years old and those two never miss a beat (Go figure).  All TStats are in the same location in a boiler room as I am using remote sensors, so Zigbee signal strength can be ruled out as the 2 Gen 1 TStats work fine.

I’ve had something similar twice (once was a V1 thermostat and once was a V2 thermostat) in the last 13 years and both times my dealer fixed it by updating the driver (to the same version).  I.e. basically reinstalling the driver over itself without losing any programming.  I have no idea why it happened but in both cases this solved my problem.

Edited by South Africa C4 user

36 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I’ve had something similar twice (once was a V1 thermostat and once was a V2 thermostat) in the last 13 years and both times my dealer fixed it by updating the driver (to the same version).  I.e. basically reinstalling the driver over itself without losing any programming.  I have no idea why it happened but in both cases this solved my problem.

thanks for the suggestion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.