C4 Forums | Control4

Sony BDP-CX960 Bluray Changer

Ringold

Question

Can anyone help create a driver for the Sony BDP-CX960. Have a driver that does everything currently (using the Sony user interface). When using c4 album art to select a disc(entered manually in the composer software), c4 does not select the right disc.

Thanks in advance

11 answers to this question

Can anyone help create a driver for the Sony BDP-CX960. Have a driver that does everything currently (using the Sony user interface). When using c4 album art to select a disc(entered manually in the composer software), c4 does not select the right disc.

Thanks in advance

Does it select the one that you played last? You need to program that when you're watching a Bluray you hit STOP two times (with about a 2 second delay between them) otherwise this will continue to happen. I'll bet that is your problem, as I had that problem with my 400 disc changer as well.

tried to put 2 stops in my macro prior to selecting a track number. That does not seem to work.

It appears to be loading whatever movie the cursor is on (on the sony menu).

For instance, if I am on the sony menu and I move the cursor to disc 3, then hit control 4, scroll to cover art, select cover art for movie in slot 6 it loads disc 3.

Any ideas?

tried to put 2 stops in my macro prior to selecting a track number. That does not seem to work.

It appears to be loading whatever movie the cursor is on (on the sony menu).

For instance, if I am on the sony menu and I move the cursor to disc 3, then hit control 4, scroll to cover art, select cover art for movie in slot 6 it loads disc 3.

Any ideas?

The two stops should occur when you go to power the unit off. If you want to test my theory then start a movie, press stop twice, power it down, then try another movie.

It should work.

I assume you have a bdp-985. Is that right????? I think the new bluray 960 may work differently than that changer. I looked at the macro for the 985 and the remote for the 985....there is a "folder" button that is used in the 985 and 777 macro. My bd changer does not have that button(and therefore may not have that functionality).

I dont know the macro, or how to tell c4 how to find the correct disc slot. In fact, using the sony remote, I cant select an individual slot number. If i can figure out how Sony selects the specific slot number, I feel like i can make c4 access the correct slot the same way.

If anyone can figure this out on the bd changer please let me know.

I actually don't have the Bluray changer yet, I have the DVD changer that doesn't have serial control. I wrote the IR driver for it, so I know that it can be done. Mine works perfectly. I am sure your dealer could do the same with yours.

Just talked with Sony about the new bdp-cx960. The device does not allow for specific slot selection using the keypad or any other ir command. Selection of discs are done internally. Therefore, there is no way to use the c4 graphic interface with this device. I am currently using the device and controlling it with the c4 remote, but using the Sony graphic interface. That interface automatically downloads movie information and album art which can be viewed via the Sony interface.

Would have liked to be able to use the c4 interface, but it appears this is not possible with this changer. Still can't see paying the extra $1000 for the serial interface.

Just thought others would like to know. If anyone hears of a work around please let me know!

In this case, it just means that you can't have both your BR-DVDs and your file-based media played from a media player showing in the same interface.

As long as you know which are in the changer, and which are controlled via Control4, you should be good.

RyanE

Don't think you can make c4 do something to a device, that the device can't do by itself. My only question was/is: Is there some command on the Sony via the remote that will allow an individual to select a specific slot number on the bdp-cx960?

After researching and contacting Sony, I believe the answer is no. Now if anyone is able to devise a command or knows of a command that is not obvious to control the Sony please let me know.

Archived