C4 Forums | Control4

CCTV Camera - Why might our re-activated CCTV Camera not be picked up with view access by our Control4 system

One of our Hikvision CCTV camera's went offline due to water getting into the ethernet connections. The camera had to be reset to test that it was working properly. The camera was working properly, so the ethernet connection was replaced and the camera re-installed. The camera is up and running, it can be viewed via the NVR and the Hik-Connect App and OvrC also shows it as online but it is not reconnected to our Control4 System. On activating the camera I have made sure the IP address and password have been re-set to what they were before the camera was reset.  Can anyone think of a reason why or what else to check. We have 3 other cameras on our system and they are all working but obviously did not need to reset.

16 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Any chance the authentication on the camera got reset to digest and driver is set to basic?

Thanks Cyknight - there were different but I have change them so they are in line with the other camera that are working, but still cannot get it to connect to Control4.  In Composer Home Edition tested the Snapshot which failed with the following message: he remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. Digest Authenication Required".  When I change the setting to Digest, the error message is: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."  The Snapshot test for our other two Hikvision CCTV cameras, say: "Test Passed."  Could it be something else?

1 hour ago, Derek Wellesley said:

Thanks Cyknight - there were different but I have change them so they are in line with the other camera that are working, but still cannot get it to connect to Control4.  In Composer Home Edition tested the Snapshot which failed with the following message: he remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. Digest Authenication Required".  When I change the setting to Digest, the error message is: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."  The Snapshot test for our other two Hikvision CCTV cameras, say: "Test Passed."  Could it be something else?

Well that means the new camera is NOT setup the same as the old one was, as it requires digest. I would check video setup on the driver (ie use h264 not h264+ or h265) and ensure your camera is setup to do EITHER basic or digest/basic

9 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Well that means the new camera is NOT setup the same as the old one was, as it requires digest. I would check video setup on the driver (ie use h264 not h264+ or h265) and ensure your camera is setup to do EITHER basic or digest/basic

Thanks again.  Before I ran the Snapshot tests, I had made sure the RTSP Authentication and Web Authentication for the camera was set to digest/basic, the same as the other two camera that are working.  Also that the Video Encoding is set to H 265, the same as the other two cameras that are working.  Could it be something else?

On 2/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, Cyknight said:

While C4 does sort of support H265, I'd set your streams to h264 at this point

Thanks for your help. Problem solved, I found the cameras were set up with an additional user as Operator for Control4 authentication.  Once i reinstated this user with a new password and updated the password for the camera In Composer Home Edition, our C4 system picked up the live view of the camera. In the word of Shakespeare, “all’s well that ends well”.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.