C4 Forums | Control4

Josh and Pandora - What's expected?

Shoe

I have Josh authenticated with the same Pandora account I use on my C4 project. I have a Core3 with two streams that I can play concurrently with different music across my zones when using C4. In Josh the Pandora interface isn't near as feature rich as the C4 interface and only allows me to search for music and then pick. No access to stations, albums, artists etc. Is that just how this works with Josh or can I make this better with the integration? OR is it that with Josh the better integration is something like Sonos (that I don't have at the moment)?

Josh can't seem to play two different streams of Pandora with my project. When I ask for jazz in the dining room and then dubstep in the bedroom it groups them both with the same stream. I need the music control to work because I don't want my office music to get changed to Taylor Swift when my 9yo gets home from school...heh.

Anyone?

Josh can currently only play one Pandora stream from Control4 at a time.  If you want to play something different in another room, you'd have to start the 2nd stream from Tidal or SiriusXM which are the other Josh-Control4 jointly supported music services.  I'm not sure if this same limitation holds with Sonos/Autonomic/etc.

Josh also cannot work with Pandora Premium with Control4, in terms of being able to select music on demand...it only works with Pandora stations.    Here is some information from their help docs, regarding supported music services from different platforms-

# SONOS

• Apple Music
  • iHeartRadio
  • Pandora Premium (see notes below)
  • SiriusXM
  • Spotify Premium
  • Tidal (Tidal HiFi + Premium)
  • TuneIn

# Autonomic

• Apple Music
  • iHeartRadio
  • SiriusXM
  • Spotify Premium
  • TuneIn
  • Local Music

# Denon Heos

• iHeartRadio
  • SiriusXM
  • TuneIn

# Control4

• Pandora Premium (see notes below) - NOTE: The New Control4 Pandora Driver updated on 4-8-2022 will work with Josh, but Josh can only call up stations through Pandora, not specific songs or specific artist playlists.
  • Tidal, Note: The Control4 Tidal Driver requires Version 155, this driver is set to release mid September, 2021.
  • SiriusXM

# For Pandora, it’s necessary that you use Pandora Premium for a quality experience.

Without Pandora Premium commands like “listen to the Beatles radio” will fail.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.