C4 Forums | Control4

Ok, let's hear your most useful Josh commands

Shoe

I'm a couple of days into testing Josh. I have to say I'm finding the interaction a little basic. Some things I expect to work just don't. I expect to be able to say things like "Tell me the temperature in each room" and have it list the rooms and the temp from the thermostat that is in the room. I'd like to ask "What's playing in the house?" and have it list the music playing. I do also expect it to tell me what commands are possible, but it seems like it doesn't give a complete list.

For those with Josh experience, do you have any pro tips for getting the most value from Josh commands?

This is some of my failed attempts this morning though the app. Read bottom to top:

image.png.abef1f3765caadb295ec5d9bc8b0e4ef.png

image.png.c43b2a1289076abde64c14e5943742e9.png

1 hour ago, Shoe said:

I'm a couple of days into testing Josh. I have to say I'm finding the interaction a little basic. Some things I expect to work just don't. I expect to be able to say things like "Tell me the temperature in each room" and have it list the rooms and the temp from the thermostat that is in the room. I'd like to ask "What's playing in the house?" and have it list the music playing. I do also expect it to tell me what commands are possible, but it seems like it doesn't give a complete list.

For those with Josh experience, do you have any pro tips for getting the most value from Josh commands?

This is some of my failed attempts this morning though the app. Read bottom to top:

image.png.abef1f3765caadb295ec5d9bc8b0e4ef.png

image.png.c43b2a1289076abde64c14e5943742e9.png

document is a bit dated and may already have but sharing just in case

Josh.ai-Control4-Voice-Integration-White-Paper.pdf

a few more reference documents collected along the way.  and their blog has been a good source for me https://joshdotai.medium.com/

Lastly, their YouTube channel is decent with some new tutorials and your dealer may be able to get you links to some of the past PowerHours.  Those go in depth on some details 

announcement (1).pdf KscapePDF.pdf Aliasing-Formatting.pdf Josh FAQs.pdf motion sensors.pdf speak quietly.pdf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.