C4 Forums | Control4

C4 "Browse" Genre & Rating Info Missing - HELP

I've noticed after I loaded all my movies from my NAS and use the browse function I get nothing in both the genre and rating choices.

I do get the director, actor, etc.

The genre and rating honestly are the two most important parts of the browse option having a couple young kids, it comes in handy.

Interestingly if I use this same browse option with movies loaded on my Sony CX7000 I get both genre and rating info.

I've double checked the movie info searched and loaded in Composer and genre and rating details are there for each movie on my NAS.

1) Could it be a bug within Composer?

2) Could it be a restriction with streaming videos as .m2ts, .mkv or .iso files?

3) Could it be I'm doing something wrong?

How is it that you're ripping the files? It might only be available as .iso files since that would contain the most information from the disc. I know you have a lot of .m2ts files.

Rip DVD's as .iso, blurays as full .m2ts

Neither .iso and/or .m2ts files are showing anything in the genre and rating browse feature.

Very strange......wondering if anyone has ever noticed this before?

Mine work, I have .iso & .ifo files for dvd. Now, I did populate the fields using the "search" button and received the synopsis & cover art through the gracenote service - if it's just getting info off the disc then it may be missing and you'll need to search it or enter manually.

Mine work, I have .iso & .ifo files for dvd. Now, I did populate the fields using the "search" button and received the synopsis & cover art through the gracenote service - if it's just getting info off the disc then it may be missing and you'll need to search it or enter manually.

This is very odd......keep in mind I'm only having the issues with media off my NAS.

I went back into Composer and all the data is included following the search option.

Then I went into the C4 GUI and manually added the rating (via 'edit') and still nothing when I choose the browse feature

Attached below are some photos in sequence

1) Dvd ISO via Composer

2) Bluray M2TS via Composer

3) Blank Genre Screen (in browse)

4) Blank Rating Screen (in browse)

5) Movies listing with all titles showing (in browse)

6) Part of the Dark Knight Info Screen with Genre listed (rating is hidden on top of that) (in browse)

HELP!!

I'll check mine when I get home tonight. I have a few hundred DVD rips that are .VOB's and I'll try it out. I won't be home until late, but I will check it out either tonight or in the morning and report back.

Ok great.....ty.

On my NAS I have m2ts, iso, mkv & ts and none seem to be working with genre & rating in the browse feature

What verion of Composer are you using?

How do you use Gracenote for ripped files?

Whever I perform a search via Composer it say All Media Guide on the bottom as the company sponsoring the search

Mine work' date=' I have .iso & .ifo files for dvd. Now, I did populate the fields using the "search" button and received the synopsis & cover art through the gracenote service - if it's just getting info off the disc then it may be missing and you'll need to search it or enter manually.[/quote']

Whever I perform a search via Composer it say All Media Guide on the bottom as the company sponsoring the search

1.8.2 and 1.7.3.68

Sorry , not Gracenote but AMG as the name of the service is that Control4 uses when you hit the Scan or Search button.

Mine work' date=' I have .iso & .ifo files for dvd. Now, I did populate the fields using the "search" button and received the synopsis & cover art through the gracenote service - if it's just getting info off the disc then it may be missing and you'll need to search it or enter manually.[/quote']

1.8.2 and 1.7.3.68

Sorry , not Gracenote but AMG as the name of the service is that Control4 uses when you hit the Scan or Search button.

I only show on mycontrol4 site 1.7.3.20 as the latest composer for me.

Is it possible to attin 1.8.2?

If it is, is it stable enough for me to use or beta?

Not sure what you suggest and/or if that's the issue even at this point......just thinking we can then take the software out of the equation.

1.8.2 and 1.7.3.68

Sorry ' date=' not Gracenote but AMG as the name of the service is that Control4 uses when you hit the Scan or Search button.[/quote']

Not sure what you suggest and/or if that's the issue even at this point......just thinking we can then take the software out of the equation.

You're not looking in the right place. On your TV, go to info, then about, and it will tell you what version director is running.

1.7.4 is the latest version I would recommend unless you need hardware that is ZigbeePro only.

There is no "beta" for 1.8 and later - as once you go to it, you can't revert back to 1.7.4.36 and earlier.

1.8.2 and 1.7.3.68

Sorry ' date=' not Gracenote but AMG as the name of the service is that Control4 uses when you hit the Scan or Search button.[/quote']

You're not looking in the right place. On your TV, go to info, then about, and it will tell you what version director is running.

1.7.4 is the latest version I would recommend unless you need hardware that is ZigbeePro only.

There is no "beta" for 1.8 and later - as once you go to it, you can't revert back to 1.7.4.36 and earlier.

thx....it is 1.7.3.68

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Codeman......any chance you could rip a bluray for me as a m2ts or mkv file and scan via your Composer to see if genre and rating show up via your C4 browse menu?.....also if this is possible please see if the rating stays when you choose that file within your coverart menu

I'm finding out the movie rating does not move from my Composer to Navigator thus when I choose coverart and select a media file the rating is blank whereas in Composer it is listed.

Also whats interesting is if I manually add a rating to that file via the C4 Navigator menu and then refresh the navigator it clears it back out.

Of course in the browse menu both genre & rating are blank for any of these bluray rips whereas in Composer all the metadata is listed.

Somehow I gotta believe there's a bug keeping all the stored movie data in Composer and transferring it to the C4 Navigator GUI with m2ts, mkv and avi files.

THANKS!!

PS.....dvd iso files work fine for me as well, able to retrieve both genre & rating info via the browse menu

Hi Codeman......any chance you could rip a bluray for me as a m2ts or mkv file and scan via your Composer to see if genre and rating show up via your C4 browse menu?.....also if this is possible please see if the rating stays when you choose that file within your coverart menu

I'm finding out the movie rating does not move from my Composer to Navigator thus when I choose coverart and select a media file the rating is blank whereas in Composer it is listed.

Also whats interesting is if I manually add a rating to that file via the C4 Navigator menu and then refresh the navigator it clears it back out.

Of course in the browse menu both genre & rating are blank for any of these bluray rips whereas in Composer all the metadata is listed.

Somehow I gotta believe there's a bug keeping all the stored movie data in Composer and transferring it to the C4 Navigator GUI with m2ts, mkv and avi files.

THANKS!!

PS.....dvd iso files work fine for me as well, able to retrieve both genre & rating info via the browse menu

Do your director and Composer versions match? Just curious...

THANKS!!

Do your director and Composer versions match? Just curious...

Dan, yes they're both 1.7.4.36

Archived