C4 Forums | Control4

Help No Longer Needed, But Insight Still Appreciated

I am really needing some advice/help. I believe my dealer is out of the country and my Control4 is unreachable. On the Core 3, the far right light is blue, but not any other light. I have tried rebooting the Core 3, but the same thing happens. The only thing I did new today was replace my Netgear router with an Araknis 220 but the Core 3 was working fine after the change was made. It just stopped working a few minutes ago. The network is running fine with internet. 

I can successfully ping the Core 3's IP address. I tried a network reset and while the link light came on for a second, it turned then turned off and I was still not connected. 

I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Update - After reviewing some old threads here, I remembered I had entered static DNS in the router. I moved it back to dynamic, but that didn't seem to help, but looking here, someone recommended 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I tried that, and eventually the Core 3 came back online. Any thoughts or suggestions for static DNS? 

Thanks 

• BY96 changed the title to Help No Longer Needed, But Insight Still Appreciated

Once I changed the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, the Core 3 came back online and has worked consistently ever since. 

Prior to switching routers, I wrote down all the static IPs I needed, especially for Control4. I have very few other problems making the transition, but the DNS servers were the big issue. 

Thanks for checking in!