C4 Forums | Control4

Araknis WAP signal strength super weak.

I have a new home with three WAPS on the first floor, each located in a corner of the house.  The house is 3100 sqft.  My whole setup is Araknis.  520 Router, 310 POE switches, SFP connections, 1GB internet. 

The WAPs are two 820's and one 810.

All are set to full power.  I have about 20 connected devices.  My signal strength is really poor, in the -75db range or worse.  I'm currently on my laptop located less than 20ft from the 810.  I'm at -84db.

I have the WAPs all on separate channels.  Same SSID for both 2.4 and 5.0

Current firmware, all devices on OVRC as well

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

High strength is likely your problem. Lower them to medium. What is likely occurring is your connecting to the one furthest away because they're screaming for each other. Also locating them in corners is likely not the best as you need to think about a circle around each one if you put it in a corner most of that circle is outside your home

21 hours ago, tg_vegas said:

I have a new home with three WAPS on the first floor, each located in a corner of the house.  The house is 3100 sqft.  My whole setup is Araknis.  520 Router, 310 POE switches, SFP connections, 1GB internet. 

The WAPs are two 820's and one 810.

All are set to full power.  I have about 20 connected devices.  My signal strength is really poor, in the -75db range or worse.  I'm currently on my laptop located less than 20ft from the 810.  I'm at -84db.

I have the WAPs all on separate channels.  Same SSID for both 2.4 and 5.0

Current firmware, all devices on OVRC as well

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Consider just 1 AP in the center of the house. More may not be better, corners are typically not beneficial.