C4 Forums | Control4

Help with controller networking problem

I am new to control 4 and have gotten myself in a little bit of a mess. I am helping a friend change his wireless network and cant seem to get everything to work again. He has a hc-300 and 2 hc-200. The hc-300 and 1 of the hc-200 is wired and the other is wireless. He has also has a Control4 7” Table Top Touch Screen. The network addree range changed from 192.169.1.x to 10.1.1.x range so on the hc-300 we changed the static ip (without recording it) to DHCP. So my questions are: How do I get all the devices talking again? Is there special software needed to re-connect the controllers. How do it configure the wireless on hc-200? Does anything need to done to the remote controls? Any help with this would be appreciated.

I don't know what wireless router you got, but I figured out the hardway that the default on most new routers is 20hertz only, and the C4 gear (at least WiFi touchpanels) will only work if you set that to 20/40 hertz mixed. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure that one out.

Archived