C4 Forums | Control4

NuVo two-way driver

slater

Call Jim Young at AVI Systems. 801-619-9473. I don't know all the details because I don't have NuVo, but I DO know that he told he about a year ago that he was using NuVo panels to control C4 and vice versa.

Tell him Dan sent you.

Well, like I said I'm not promising anything because I don't even know what NuVO GC is, I just know and one point he told me he had integrated NuVO with Control4. If I remember correctly, NuVO is an audio product?

I'll see Jim today and I'll ask him, if nobody has posted the response they got from him by then that is.

Okay guys, so I talked with Jim today. Sounds like the driver within Composer is what Jim used to integrate the NuVo amp. Gave him control of the NuVo but no metadata feedback from the NuVo amp on a C4 touchscreen.

Thanks for the reply and I must say that Jim is a fine person to talk to and has a wealth of information to share.

Jim's great, he's a Platinum dealer and was one of the first C4 dealers ever. I stopped by to pick a couple little things up today but he was out helping an installer wrap up a job. Sorry I didn't post back earlier, I just wasn't able to talk with him.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Dealer, doing a retrofit job which has an existing Nuvo Essentia 12 zone system. I have installed two surround sound systems in the house with the following control4 set-up:-

HC300

SR250

HC200

SR150

Netgear EVA9150

Iphone application

I have installed the Nuvo Essentia 12zone serial driver but I need help setting up the connections, what driver do I use for each zone etc.

I'd be interested in this as well. Based on what I think you're saying, there is a LUA-based driver out there now for the NUVO. If that's the case, I'd love to understand a few things.

- Is it bi-directional?

- Will it work in a 1.7x system?

- In terms of implementing, is it just a matter of "dropping it in" or does it involve more in terms of the serial communication?

The reason I ask is that my dealer implemented a custom driver for me for my essentia a year or so ago. It's something that "works" but that we've never really been happy with. Volume control is sketchy at best, mute doesn't work, etc. Most of this was stuff we talked about resolving with a better driver, but never did because of potential cost. If there is a stock driver now, that'd be awesome, but I'd want to understand, before asking him to look at it, what I'd be talking about in terms of replacing one driver with the other. I imagine the a/v inputs, serial, and room control connection bindings would need to get re-done, but that they'd just essentially be re-mapping from one to another. My question is more around communication. I don't know squat about the LUA stuff, and before I bother my dealer I'd like to know what I'd be getting us into :). So from a driver-talking-to-NUVO standpoint, would the re-mapping of the serial port to the new driver be it, is there LUA-specific configuration to be done, do you need to re-configure serial communication or something?

Archived