C4 Forums | Control4

Disconnect dimmer from load

I have a C4 adaptive phase dimmer connected to a hue downlight. I want the dimmer to maintain power to the load when the dimmer is in the off position so the hue bulb stays active. My question is: is there a software setting that can do this or do I need to wire the dimmer accordingly?

Right now, the dimmer continues to control the load despite what seems like the logical settings: physically the dimmer is wired as normal with the load wire of the dimmer able to control power to that light. In Composer HE, I have the dimmer properties set so "buttons control load" is not selected and "use as a 2 button keypad" is selected. In programming, pushing the top of the dimmer activates an advanced lighting scene that controls the bulb and pushing the bottom of the dimmer toggles that advanced lighting scene.

Have I misconfigured things on my end or is there a setting maybe in Composer Pro in connections that can divorce the button press from the load to maintain power? Or is this not possible and I need to just physically remove the load wire from the dimmer and connect it to the line wire so it always has power.......