C4 Forums | Control4

Qolsys IQ Panel 4 integrating with Core 3

My original system from 10 years ago was HC800 which the original C4 integrator used the serial port from the HC800 to a DSC IT-100.  There is a Cat5e cable from the IT-100 to a DSC PC-1616.  Upcoming alarm installer had me order a Qolsys IQP4002 Verizon IQ Panel PowerG 433MHz and DSC Qolsys PG9WLSHW8 IQ HARDWIRE PowerG Wired To Wireless Converter and Expansion Module.  Currently my C4 system is down, as my project file from my HC800 is in the process of being transferred to a new Core 3 prior to install.   Former C4 dealer wanted to outsource the alarm to Sonitrol, as he told me there was issues to integrate C4 into a DSC alarm system.

Questions:

1)  Can I remove the DSC IT-100, as the Core 3 doesn't have a serial RS232?  I assume that this is the nomenclature for the RS232.

2) I assume that since this post is from 200O prior to the Core series, that the TL280 ethernet card for C4 integration is no longer required? 

3) I believe that Qolsys integrates into C4 now, does it need a wire connection as I have extra Cat5e cable runs from the security panel area back to the C4 rack area or it works wirelessly? 

Attached photos of how the original installer installed 10 years ago (I know that the former installer C4 techs left my racks a mess with wires, why I'm cleaning up the clutter)

IMG_2050.thumb.jpeg.ecd8d6a2b6f311aa951ece13c9076e47.jpegIMG_2057.thumb.jpeg.658930168d0296202091ddcd6e44f4eb.jpegIMG_2744.thumb.jpeg.d062139792db20a07ef0c950cfb18f3b.jpeg

2 hours ago, IBZICON said:

as he told me there was issues to integrate C4 into a DSC alarm system

Huh? Nonsense.

"A DSC alarm system" If that were true, I would argue that IQ is pretty much a DSC product...

The PowerPC that you have integrates perfectly fine into C4. I would add that C4 doesn't really integrate to any alarm panel...it's the other way around.

That said, the IQ you have is a great upgrade option for existing powerPC setups. Generally it's at a point that if/when the IT100 module fails, it's the better choice to replace the panel (but that is more due to monitoring stations being picky about what panels they'll accept for -new- monitoring setups and sometimes even push back when replacing with same. Current panels, including DSC's lates NEO offerings are all using alarmcom, and that is hard on it's way to become the monopoly for communications to monitoring stations.

Can I remove the DSC IT-100, as the Core 3 doesn't have a serial RS232

Well it does have rs232 (protocol type), it just doesn't use a DB9 connector, instead using a 3.5mm one - but yeah you wont need it with the IQ panel at all as it talks over the network instead.

I assume that since this post is from 200O prior to the Core series, that the TL280 ethernet card for C4 integration is no longer required

You're not using a DSC NEO panel ... so no you don't need the integration module for that panel

I believe that Qolsys integrates into C4 now, does it need a wire connection as I have extra Cat5e cable runs from the security panel area back to the C4 rack area or it works wirelessly

It's integrated to C4 for years - and it doesn't have a hardwire connection on it (other than power), so yes it integrates via WiFi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.